RTE Live: The last of the three people who died after a fire engulfed their house in Co Clare on Monday afternoon.
As the fire raged through the home, a neighbour spotted two people lying dead in a bathtub.
They were identified as the elderly woman and her husband.
The man who died in the fire was identified as Paul Meehan, an engineer who had worked for the State Electricity Board for 20 years.
A woman who died was identified by her daughter as Mary-Anne Murphy.
The other two who died were identified by their daughter as Marie and Anne.
A spokeswoman for the Department of Social Protection said the man and woman were living at a house on the outskirts of Co Clare.
“The house is not being used by any other household, and we are assisting with the recovery of the couple and their property,” she said.
Onlookers watched as fire crews were seen setting out the body of the elderly man.
“The man’s death was tragic,” the spokeswoman said.
“The family was shocked and saddened at the news of his death.”
A spokeswoman said she would not be drawn on the identities of the deceased and the circumstances of the death.
She said it was understood that the house belonged to the family and that the property was owned by a local company.
“There is an active investigation into the circumstances surrounding the fire,” she added.
A man was also taken to hospital with burns.
Firefighters were called to the house on Corran Street, Corran, at 2:25pm after the woman’s husband, Paul Meeshan, went into cardiac arrest.
Paul Meeshawn was pronounced dead at the scene and his wife died at the St Michael’s Hospital.
Witnesses said they heard the fire engines and a fire engine arriving from outside the house.
They then saw smoke billowing out of the kitchen and the street.
RTE Live will bring you updates on this story.